Oh the anticipation I was feeling 2 years ago. Just seeing
the packed hospital bag sit there for a couple weeks was enough to put a little
extra pep in my step. Well, as
much pep as physically possible being hugely pregnant.
I was flooded with emotions.
Scared about pushing out a baby. Eager to meet him.
Sad that my days with just my handsome groom were ending. Nervous whether I was cut out for
motherhood. Excited to love and
kiss my son.
I was exploding with anticipation! And then at 3:28pm the next day, this adorable little
boy with a full head of hair was placed in my arms. I remember looking down at his precious face and thanking
Jesus for letting me be his Mommy.
The anticipation I felt the night before his birth did not
do justice for the true joy he has brought in to our lives every day since
then.
For 9 months, I felt this little baby move inside of
me. I would talk to him, sing to
him, and loved him already. But
then I got to meet him. I held Silas
and said, “It was you in there that whole time”.
I believe the same will happen one day when as Christians,
we get to meet our Lord and Savior.
No amount of anticipation will do justice. If we think we love Him now, it will be magnified beyond comprehension
when we get to see Him face to face!
Come, Thou Long Expected Jesus.
Lord, help me to long for the day when we get to meet. Help me to prepare earnestly and be a
light for you. Forgive me when
fail. I fail so often. I want to know you in such a way that I
can’t help but dwell on the day when your Glory is fully shown. You are sovereign. Help me to do your will. Thank you for
blessing me in ways I don’t deserve. I love you so much.
No comments:
Post a Comment